Saturday, April 6, 2024

Carnival Sunshine 2023--Second Sea Day

The second Sea Day brought two of my favorite things--the Military Appreciation Gathering and Tea Time!  My husband is a retired Marine (having served 20 years), so I always make it a point to attend the gathering.  I don't always speak up to say anything, but I feel as if any and all military members on the ship should be recognized for their service.



Once that was over, we took a few more pictures we hadn't had the time to get around the ship



and we had one more good visit with our sweet friend Boonthip and her husband Lhito who are both bartenders for Carnival.


We met Boonthip on another cruise a few years ago, and we've stayed in touch ever since!  It's always nice to reconnect with crew members you've known for a few years.

About mid-afternoon, it was Tea Time!  I'm not sure why I enjoy this so much, but I really do.  You can find the time and location in the Fun Times, but it's in one of the dining rooms usually around 3 pm.  They have several selections of hot teas you can choose from, but I discovered my favorite on this cruise--White Coconut Creme.  


This tea has just a little hint of coconut, and it's not overpowering at all.  If you have the Cheers! drink package, there won't be an extra charge for certain selections of teas.  They also bring around a cart with several different small sandwiches, pastries, and desserts, and you can choose as many as you'd like!



The last night of the cruise also means saying goodbye to our incredible wait staff from the Main Dining Room.  The team Joseph & I had was wonderful this cruise!


We always give our wait staff, cabin steward, and favorite other crew members a handwritten thank-you note on the last day/evening with a cash tip and our contact information if they'd like to stay in touch with us in the future.

The worst part of the cruise is up next--Debarkation Day!












0 comments:

Post a Comment